S:CORT combines expertise in Colorectal Cancer (CRC) from across the UK and Northern Ireland.
The team includes Oncologists, Surgeons, Molecular Biologists, Technical Staff, Pathologists, Bioinformaticians, Computer Scientists and Statisticians. We have a shared vision to establish molecular predictors that will underpin practice changing stratification approaches in the treatment of CRC. The consortium also links with Aberdeen University, University College London and the MRC Trials Unit, with the following sites providing the specialist hubs at which sample processing and analysis occur:
- Leeds University– Sample preparation and histopathology
- Queens University Belfast – RNA profiling
- Sanger Institute – DNA Sequencing
- Birmingham University – mDNA Profiling
- University of Oxford – Bioinformatics, Databases and Biostatistics